How To Fix Aol Mail Not Working On Windows 10?
“Is your AOL mail not working on Windows 10 Mail app? Is your screen displaying the message “Your AOL account settings are out-of-date”? If yes, perform the simple troubleshooting instructions given below to fix it.
- Step 1:First, check whether your AOL Mail account credentials are valid. If not, create a valid password and username for your account. To verify whether your account credentials are valid or not, try to sign in to your AOL mail account. If you can sign in to your account, it means the credentials are valid. Otherwise, create a new valid account.
- Step 2:Next, check whether your account settings are configured correctly. To do so, go to the account’s Settings page and click the Manage Accounts option. Select your AOL Mail account with which you’re encountering the issue and click Change Mailbox Sync Settings > Advanced Mailbox settings.
- Step 3:Check whether the SSL option is selected for both incoming and outgoing email servers. If not, select it and click the Done button followed by Save. Similarly, check whether the incoming and outgoing server addresses, user names, passwords, and ports are entered correctly. If not, correct them and then try to access your AOL account.
If you encounter an issue when syncing your AOL mail account with the Windows 10 Mail app, try the simple and advanced troubleshooting methods to know about aol mail not working in windows 10 issues given below.
- Step 1:This issue is encountered by many users after upgrading their computer to Windows 10.
- Step 2:Enabling the two-step verification on their AOL mail account.
- Step 3:Using an incompatible email client
Method 1: Disabling the two-step verifications
The two-step verification security feature helps us to protect our email accounts from third-party access. Even if it is a great security feature, you may encounter some issues when this feature is enabled on your account. To disable the two-step verification feature on your AOL mail account, carry out the simple instructions about aol mail not working on windows 10 given below.
- Step 1:Open your AOL mail account’s Security page.
- Step 2:On the Security page, disable Two-step verification.
Method 2: Re-adding your AOL account
- Step 1:On the Windows 10 Mail app’s main screen, click on the Settings menu,
- Step 2:Select the Manage Accounts option followed by Delete an account.
- Step 3:Choose the AOL account that you wish to re-add.
- Step 4:Click the Delete button to remove the selected email account.
- Step 5:After your account is removed, re-add it and check if the sync issue is resolved. If not, perform the next method.
Method 3: Modifying the antivirus software settings for aol mail not working on windows 10
- Step 1:If you have installed an antivirus application or configured the firewall settings on your computer, configure the settings to allow the mail app.
- Step 2:After configuring the settings, check whether the issue is resolved.
If the sync issue persists on your Windows 10 computer, run the built-in troubleshooter to fix the problem.
Method 4: Running the built-in troubleshooter
Method 5: Disabling the proxy settings
- Step 1:On the Settings screen of your account, click on the Network & Internet option.
- Step 2:Select Proxy and disable the Automatically detect settings and Use setup script options.
If your AOL mail not working on windows 10 mail app even after trying these troubleshooting methods, contact us.