How To Fix AOL Not Syncing With Outlook Issue?
AOL is one of the best email service providers with tons of features and functionalities. It is full of security features along with a high-class user interface. People around the globe use these services for their benefit. But at some point in time, users report that they come across the AOL syncing issue with Outlook. In this article, we will dive deep into one of the most frequently asked questions - How to fix AOL not syncing with Outlook? Also, we will be providing the solutions for the same in the coming segments. So, do check it out.
Some Of The Reasons Behind The AOL Syncing Issue
- Step 1:A weak Internet connection can cause a syncing problem.
- Step 2:Incoming server details are not entered correctly.
- Step 3:The AOL or Outlook server is down.
- Step 4:An incompatible or outdated browser can cause the mail syncing issue.
- Step 5:In some cases, faulty hardware or software can cause a syncing error.
Update The Changed Password:
In the recent past, if you have updated the password for your AOL email on the browser, you need to make sure that you update it on Outlook as well to avoid AOL not syncing with Outlook issue.
- step 1:Open the Outlook application.
- step 2:Go to Account settings.
- step 3:Choose your AOL account.
- step 4:Update the password.
Update The Email Application:
Sometimes, an older version of MS Outlook can cause third-party emails like AOL to misbehave and lead to syncing issues. This is because the outdated version of Outlook might not work with the latest security settings of AOL email.
So, try to update the Outlook application to its latest version for a butter-smooth experience and error-free functioning.
NOTE: After updating MS Outlook, you need to re-add the AOL email account.
Update The Windows Software:
Updating the software can clear AOL not syncing with Outlook issue and lot of unknown bugs in the system.
- step 1:Click on the Start Windows button.
- step 2:Go to the Settings (Gear) icon.
- step 3:From the list of different system options, select Update & Security.
- step 4:Choose the Windows Update tab.
- step 5:Click the Check for updates button.
- step 6:If there is an available update, the system will automatically start the update process.
Configuring AOL Mail Settings
Correct mail settings are required for the proper functioning of AOL mail. Make use of the below-given settings in your AOL mail application to avoid AOL not syncing with Outlook issue.
- step 1:Incoming mail server: pop.aol.com
- step 2:Incoming port number: 995
- step 3:Security: SSL
- step 4:Outgoing mail server: smtp.aol.com
- step 5:Outgoing port number: 465
- step 6:Security: SSL
Disable Two-Factor Authentication
Nowadays, many use two-step authentication to protect their accounts. But this protection could be one of the reasons behind the syncing problems in the Windows Operating System. So, it is advised to disable the two-factor authentication for your AOL mail and check if the AOL not syncing with Outlook issue is solved or not. However, this step will reduce the security of your AOL email account. So, think twice before doing it.
- step 1:Open AOL mail using your web browser.
- step 2:Log in by entering the user credentials.
- step 3:Click on Options in the left-hand corner of the window.
- step 4:Then, click Account info to access the account information.
- step 5:Now, click the Account Security tab.
- step 6:Toggle the Phone Number settings to disable the two-step authentication.
Have A Look At The Sync Settings:
If the sync settings of your AOL email account are misconfigured, you might witness syncing issues. So, follow these steps to fix this AOL not syncing with Outlook problem.
- step 1:Open the Outlook application.
- step 2:You can see the mail account on the right-hand pane.
- step 3:Right-click on AOL mail and then click Account Settings.
- step 4:Click Change mailbox sync settings.
- step 5:Next, set the Sync option to On.
- step 6:Click Incoming and outgoing mail server info to adjust appropriately.
- step 7:Set the Incoming and Outgoing email servers.
- step 8:Finally, click on the Done option to save the changes.
Run The Windows Troubleshooter:
- step 1:Press the Windows + I keys to open the Settings app.
- step 2:Go to the Update & Security section.
- step 3:Select Troubleshoot and click on the Run the troubleshooter option.
- step 4:Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter on your Windows computer.
Some Of The Common Troubleshooting Ideas:
- step 1:Sometimes, your proxy settings can interfere with the mail app and can cause synchronization issues.
- step 2:So, it is recommended to disable the proxy settings.
- step 3:If you are using your AOL account on the browser, it is advised to update the browser to its latest version.
- step 4:Delete the cache and cookies from your default web browser.
- step 5:Sometimes, the stored information on the cache memory can cause sites to have syncing issues.
- step 6:In some situations, restarting the system can resolve the AOL not syncing with Outlook issue.
- step 7:Cross-check whether the Internet connection is working correctly or not.
- step 8:There could be an issue with the mail server that needs to be fixed by the AOL team (Back end Process).
- step 9:The AOL server downtime is also a reason that can cause trouble with the functioning of the AOL mail application.
- step 10:Messages may get delayed due to heavy Internet traffic or some routing problems.
- step 11:In some situations, a firewall or other antivirus software may cause syncing problems on AOL mail.
- step 12:Temporarily disable the firewall settings and check whether the issue persists or is gone.
At last, we have come to an end, and we hope that these steps would have helped you in fixing the “AOL not syncing with Outlook application” issue. If you have any doubts, call our technicians to get them cleared.