FIXED - APPLE MAIL PROBLEMS WITH GMAIL
Like other email service providers, "Apple Mail” is one of the most trusted email services. It helps you in managing your mailing activities easily and quickly, like never before. You can set up almost all email accounts in this mail application. However, there are some problems faced by the Gmail account users while setting up and using their accounts in Apple Mail. The following section covers some Apple Mail problems with Gmail and how the methods to fix them.
Apple Mail Gmail Not Working – Why And How To Fix It
"Unable to send or receive emails" and "unable to sign in to the Gmail account" are the two common issues faced by many users when Apple Mail problems occur with Gmail. In most cases, these problems occur due to misconfigured server settings, using wrong credentials, or running an outdated OS.
Problem 1: Unable To Send Or Receive Emails
- Step 1:Initially, make sure that your Mac computer is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Step 2:Next, check if the server settings of your account are configured correctly. If not, configure them correctly.
- Step 3:Re-add your account.
Problem 2: Gmail Failed To Log In To Apple Mail
- step 1:Initially, make sure that you have entered the valid account credentials in the given fields.
- step 2:Next, relaunch the Mail app. If necessary, restart your Mac computer.
- step 3:Deactivate and reactivate your Gmail account on the Mail application.
- step 4:Re-add your Gmail account to the Mail application.
- step 5:Enable Less secure apps and disable two-step authentication on your Gmail account.
Problems Encountered By The User While Syncing Apple Mail With Gmail
Users encounter issues not only while accessing the Gmail account, but also apple mail problems with gmail. Users have reported that the following error message is displayed on the screen when they try to sync Apple Mail with Gmail.“Enter the password…: Google requires completing authentication in Safari.” Some causes of the sync problem are pointed below
- step 1:Server Issue
- step 2:Device Offline
- step 3:IMAP settings
- step 4:Misconfigured server settings
- step 5:Outdated Mail app
Modifying The Security Settings
- step 1:As the first step of troubleshooting the sync problem, change the security settings of your Gmail account (Note: Scroll down this page to know the correct procedure to change the security settings in Gmail).
- step 2:After changing them, check if the problem is resolved. If not, try the next method given below.
Checking and fixing the issue with apple mail problems with gmail
- step 1:Check whether the sync issue occurs due to a problem with the Mail application.
- step 2:To verify it, create and sign in to your Mac computer as a Test user.
- step 3:To do so, open the System Preferences window.
- step 4:Go to the User & Group section.
- step 5:Click the New button.
- step 6:Create a test account by following the on-screen instructions.
- step 7:After creating the account, sign out and sign in to your computer using the Test account credentials.
- step 8:Skip all the apps installations and open the Mail application.
- step 9:Now, try to sync Apple Mail with Gmail.
- step 10:If you’re unable to sync the account, it means the problem is not with the Mail application.
- step 11:Sign out and log in as the original user.
- step 12:Now, select and delete the applications that are installed on the computer without your knowledge.
Re-add Your Account
- step 1:In case the above methods don’t fix the problem, re-add your account on your Mac computer.
- step 2:To do so, first, delete the account and restart the computer.
- step 3:After your computer restarts, re-add the account. (Scroll down this page to know how to remove and re-add the account on your Mac computer).
If still, you do not resolve the apple mail problems with Gmail call our tech team and get the solution for your problem.