How To Setup ATT Yahoo Email Settings?
You can find the procedure to set up your ATT Yahoo email settings for your desktop email program in this post. Here, we’ll be discussing the setting up of ATT Yahoo email server settings for your Outlook account. It is done in the easiest way.
Getting Started With ATT Yahoo Mail Settings For Outlook:
- Step 1:On your Windows computer, start the Outlook application.
- Step 2:In the Outlook application, go to the File tab. Now, click the plus symbol next to Add account. You can select the Manual setup or additional server types radio button at the bottom and click Next on the next window.
- Step 3:It’s time to choose the service. Since Embarq supports IMAP and POP protocols, you can select the POP or IMAP option and click Next.
The IMAP and POP account settings window opens. Now, you need to enter the required server settings. Before you begin, you can check the server settings mentioned below. (IMAP account type)
These are some IMAP account settings for att yahoo email settings keep reading the following points.
- Incoming mail server – imap.att.yahoo.com
- Port number – 993
- Security – SSL
- Outgoing mail server – smtp.att.yahoo.com
- Port number – 465
- Security – SSL
- User name – Full email address
Server Settings Details:
In the IMAP and POP settings window, there are three available sections. They are:
- Step 1:User information
- Step 2:Server information
- Step 3:Logon information
- Step 4:Now, let us fill in the details.
- Step 5:In the User Information section, you can now enter the name and the full email address in the respective fields.
- Step 6:Now, in the Server Information section, select the account select IMAP from the Account Type drop-down menu.
- Step 7:In the incoming mail server field, you'll have to enter imap.mail.att.net or inbound.att.net, and in the outgoing mail server field, enter smtp.mail.att.net or outbound.att.net.
- Step 8:Now, in the Logon Information section, enter the full mail address in the User name field. In the Password field, create a strong password. Make sure that you enable the Remember password checkbox under the Logon information section in the att yahoo email settings.
- Step 9:Now, click the More Settings tab at the bottom of the window. The Internet Email settings window opens now. In the Internet Email Settings window, click the Outgoing server tab. Enable My outgoing server (SMTP)requires authentication checkbox. Next, select the Use same settings as my incoming mail server option.
- Step 10:Click the Advanced tab. From there, you need to select the server port numbers.
- Step 11:In the Server Port Numbers section, enter 993. Now, mark the This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) checkbox.
- Step 12:In the Outgoing server (SMTP) field, enter 465 and choose TLS from the drop-down menu. Cross-check the settings and then click OK.
- Step 13:In the IMAP or POP settings window, enable the checkbox Automatically test account settings when clicked Next.
- Step 14:If it is enabled, click Next. Or else, click the Test Account Settings tab.
- Step 15:Now, Outlook starts to fetch all the details that you’ve entered. It takes about a few seconds. When the testing gets completed, you’ll see the final status appearing on the screen.
That’s it. you can learn how to setup att yahoo email settings successfully, now You can send and receive ATT emails from your Outlook email account. You can implement the instructions as described above for setting up the Embarq email on your desktop email program.