Why The Comcast Internet not working?
Comcast is a wireless device, also known as a cable modem or Wi-Fi router. You will need only the Comcast device to set up your wireless network. If your Comcast internet not working, you can refer to the steps that are given below to fix the issue.
- Step 1: Make sure there is no issue with the Internet Service Provider. If there are any problems, wait for your ISP to resolve the issue and then connect your modem to the Comcast device.
- Step 2: If there is no issue from your ISP’s side, restart your Comcast device and modem.
- Step 3: You can also reboot your modem remotely with the help of the Xfinity My Account app. Sign in to your account and select the Internet option. Tap Restart this device.
- Step 4: Simply unplug the modem for about two minutes and reconnect it.
- Step 5: If the Comcast Internet is not working even now, try connecting the modem and router again.
- Step 6: Connect an Ethernet cable between the WAN port of your Comcast device and the other end to the modem.
- Step 7: Wait for up to five minutes to restore the Internet connection.
- Step 8: Now, you can get connected to the network wirelessly or through a wired network connection.
- Step 9: You can also create a unique Wi-Fi name and password.
Troubleshooting Comcast internet not working issue through My Account:
- Step 1: First, click the Internet Service tab in the My Account section.
- Step 2: Scroll down and select Devices. Now, locate your modem and select Restart Modem.
- Step 3: Click on the Start Troubleshooting button and wait until your modem restarts.
- Step 4: Now, continue with the on-screen steps to fix the Internet issue.
Troubleshooting Comcast network not working issue through the Xfinity My Account app:
- Step 1: Launch the Xfinity My Account app and touch the Internet tile.
- Step 2: Choose your modem and then select Restart this device. It may take up to seven minutes, and your home Internet will go offline during this process.
Troubleshooting Internet and Network Issues:
- Step 1:Open your browser and try opening several websites. Make sure that the Internet connection issue is not specific to a particular site.
- Step 2:Make sure that the cables are securely plugged in, and the coaxial cable is tightened to both the wall outlet and your device.
- Step 3:If you are still facing the issue, run the Windows troubleshooter and continue with the on-screen prompts to fix the issue.
- Step 4:Now, check if the Comcast internet not working issue has been fixed.