How To Fix Comcast Pop Server?
The Comcast email service is easy to use and also provides quality service. It will enable the user to create personalized email signatures to give authenticity to your emails. The Comcast user can create contact groups and can manage the contacts in a single place. Follow the below steps to configure Microsoft Outlook for Comcast POP server.
INCOMING AND OUTGOING POP SERVER DETAILS:
Before configuring Microsoft Outlook for the Comcast email account, you must know the incoming and outgoing server name, port number, encryption, and authentication for POP and SMTP.
Incoming server details - POP:
Outgoing server details - SMTP:
- step 1:Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
- step 2:Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587
- step 3:Encryption: TLS
- step 4:Authentication: Comcast.net email address
CONFIGURE MICROSOFT OUTLOOK WITH COMCAST POP SERVER:
- step 1:Go to your computer’s main menu and select Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016.
- step 2:Click the File menu on the screen.
- step 3:Select the Account Settings icon below the Add Account option. Choose the Account Settings option from the list.
- step 4:Now, select the New option.
- step 5:Choose the Email Account option in the Add Account dialog box.
- step 6:Click Next.
- step 7:Now, click on the Manual setup or additional server types option at the bottom of the page and click on the Next button.
- step 8:Now, choose the POP option and click Next.
- step 9:Enter your name into the Name field and full email address in the Email Address field.
- step 10:For Account Type, select the POP option from the drop-down list.
- step 11:Type the incoming mail and outgoing mail server details by referring to the top of this page.
- step 12:Now, in the Logon Information section, the user name will automatically enter into the respective field. Enter your password in the Password field.
- step 13:Click on the More Settings option.
- step 14:Now, select the Outgoing Server tab at the top of the dialog box.
- step 15:Now, select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox.
- step 16:Ensure to select the Use same settings as my incoming mail server option.
- step 17:Click the Advanced tab.
- step 18:Enter the port numbers for the Incoming server (POP) and Outgoing server (SMTP) with encrypted connection details by referring to the top section of this page.
- step 19:Click on the OK button.
- step 20:In the following window, choose the Next option.
- step 21:Now, Outlook will perform a test for the account settings.
- step 22:After completing the test, click on the Close button.
- step 23:Now, select the Finish button and click Close.
To know more about comcast pop server and any mail issues follow our site mail setup.