How To Configure Outlook For Comcast E-mail
Configuring Outlook for Comcast e-mail is easy. This article will take you through the complete process.
To Configure, you must open Microsoft Outlook
- Step 1:Click on the Outlook icon to launch it.
- Step 2:Once Outlook opens, you will see the File Menu; click on it.
- Step 3:From the File menu, click the Account Settings, then select Account Setting from the drop-down list.
- Step 4:From the pop-up box, click the E-mail tab and click New.
- Step 5:The Add New Account wizard will now open.
- Step 6:Select the Manual setup or additional server types checkbox and click Next. You have to leave all the text fields blank.
- Step 7:From the Choose service window, select the Internet E-mail option and click Next.
- Step 8:Click on the User Information Tab.
- Step 9:Click Type of the account and Select POP or IMAP from the drop-down list and click Next.
- Step 10:If you have selected POP3 Account Type, enter the following details:
- Step 11:Incoming Email Server: mail.comcast.net
- Step 12:Outgoing Email Server: smtp.comcast.net
If you have selected IMAP Account Type, enter the following details:
- step 1:Incoming Email Server: imap.comcast.net
- step 2:Outgoing Email Server: smtp.comcast.net
- step 1:Enter your Comcast account User Name and Password.
- step 2:Check the box next to Remember password.
- step 3:Click the More Settings button to continuethe setup.
- step 4:Select the Outgoing Server tab.
- step 5:Enable My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select the radio button for the option Use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
- step 6:Now, select the Advanced tab and enter its port settings.
Set Incoming server (IMAP) to 993 with SSL encryption.
Set Outgoing server (SMTP) to 587 with TLS encryption.
Requires Authentication is Yes
- step 1:Click OK followed by Next when finished.
- step 2:Click Close if the account logs in properly.
- step 3:Click Finish.
To know more about How To Configure Outlook For Comcast E-mail step by step guidance.