How To Configure Thunderbird For Hostinger Mail?
Using Mozilla Thunderbird, you can manage multiple accounts on a single place rather than going and opening each mail inbox. You can send and receive emails in one account. Thunderbird provides you easy steps for Hostinger mail. Here, in this article, we will learn how to configure Thunderbird for Hostinger mail both automatically and manually. Before you start, gather all the details of Thunderbird and Hostinger mail like full email address, user name, password.
- Step 1:Get the details like IMAP, POP, and SMTP information by logging in to your Hostinger email account and click Emails and select Email Accounts.
- Step 2:Select your domain name, move to Configuration Settings, and select Manual Configuration to see the server names and ports. Note down the outgoing server and incoming server details to manually configure the custom email account.
- Step 3:Check if you have a proper internet connection and undisturbed power supply.
Setup Email Account In Mozilla Thunderbird Automatically.
- step 1:Open Mozilla Thunderbird.
- step 2:Enter your name, full email address, password and click Continue to configure Thunderbird for Hostinger mail.
- step 3:Thunderbird will automatically provide the outgoing and incoming mail server details.
- step 4:Select either IMAP or POP as the incoming mail protocol.
- step 5:Click the Done button.
- step 6:Now, you've successfully configured an email account on Thunderbird.
- step 7:Now, click Finish to view your mailbox.
- step 8:Finally, you can start using Thunderbird to manage emails.
Adding Hostinger Mail Account To Thunderbird
- step 1:On the left pane of the page, click on your email address.
- step 2:Go to the Set Up Another Account tab and click Email and follow the same steps as before.
This section helps you learn to configure Thunderbird for Hostinger mail manually. It is always recommended to set manually for security purposes.
- step 3:Open Thunderbird on your computer.
- step 4:Click the menu button from the extreme left of the window, which looks like a hamburger.
- step 5:Click New and select Existing Mail Account.
- step 6:Now, enter your name, full email address, and mailbox password.
- step 7:Then, click Configure manually and click continue.
- step 8:You can view the manual configuration options on the same page.
Setting Up The Incoming Mail Server
- step 1:Choose IMAP or POP from the incoming protocol drop-down menu.
- step 2:In the host field, type in imap.hostinger.com
- step 3:Port - 993.
- step 4:Click on the Connection security drop-down menu and select SSL/TLS.
- step 5:Fill in the Username.
- step 6:Complete the rest of the required information.
Now, you have configured the incoming port, hostname, username, and other incoming server details.
Setting Up The Outgoing Mail Server
- step 1:In the host field, type in smtp.hostinger.com
- step 2:Port - 465.
- step 3:Click on the Connection security drop-down menu and select SSL/TLS.
- step 4:Click Authentication Method: From the drop-down menu, select your preferred outgoing authentication route.
- step 5:Once done, click the Re-test button to test your manual settings.
- step 6:If you have entered all the details right, Thunderbird will show a quick response.
- step 7:Press Done to finish and wait for Thunderbird to inform that your account is now connected to Thunderbird.
- step 8:Click Finish to view the mailbox.
The newly added email account will appear in the left panel of the application window. Now we have seen how to configure Thunderbird for Hostinger mail.