Steps: Connect Windows Mail to iCloud
iCloud from Apple is a service that will keep all your devices in sync. To put in other words, iCloud will allow you to share information between an iPhone, iPad, iPod, and a Mac computer. The information on each of the devices will be automatically updated in order to make sure that all the information is available on most of the devices. The iCloud service is free and can be accessed wirelessly. Also, it can run in the background with no specific action needed to be made by the user.
You can connect Windows Mail to iCloud application with the help of the IMAP and SMTP settings. We will now take you through the simple steps to set up iCloud on Windows Live Mail account.
iCloud IMAP Server Settings
- Step 1:Server name: imap.mail.me.com
- Step 3:Incoming Port Number: 993
- Step 4:Username: The iCloud username
- Step 5:Password: The iCloud email password
iCloud SMTP Server Settings
- Step 1:Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
- Step 2:SSL Required: YES
- Step 3:Outgoing Port Number: 587
- Step 4:SMTP Authentication Required: YES
- Step 5:Username: The iCloud username
- Step 6:Password: The iCloud email password
Follow the steps to connect the Windows mail to iCloud.
- Step 1:Turn on your Windows 10 computer.
- Step 2:Open the Windows Mail app.
- Step 3:Click the Add Account option right below the Sign in field.
- Step 4:The Add Account window will open. Now, click the iCloud option from the list.
- Step 5:Enter the Email address, password, and name in the respective fields and click the Sign In button.
- Step 6:Select the Done button located at the bottom left corner of the Add Account window.
- Step 7:Now, the iCloud email account will be automatically configured on Windows Live Mail.
- Step 8:Now you have seen how to connect Windows Mail to iCloud.