Fix Pop Or Imap Client Sending And Receiving Issues
Scroll down this page to know how to fix POP or IMAP client sending and receiving issues.
You can configure your email account in any third-party email clients like Outlook. While configuring the account, you’ll be asked to enter the POP or IMAP protocols to finish the configuration. Generally, email clients use the POP or IMAP and SMTP protocols to send and receive emails. After configuring the account successfully, try to send a test mail. If an error occurs, then you need to reconfigure your account. The below section explains how to fix POP or IMAP client sending and receiving issues.
Method 1: Check your account
As soon as you encounter the sending and receiving issues, check whether there is an issue with your email account as mentioned below.
- Step 1:Launch a web browser.
- Step 2:Navigate to the corresponding email account’s login page.
- Step 3:Sign in to your account.
- Step 4:Now, compose a new email.
- Step 5:In the To field, type your account's email address and click the Send button.
- Step 6:If it takes more than 5 minutes for you to receive the email message, then there is a problem with your email account.
- Step 7:Reconfigure your email account to resolve this issue.
Method 2: Check the POP or IMAP settings
- Step 1:Check if you have entered the correct POP or IMAP settings.
- Step 2:If the entered settings are incorrect, modify them and then try to send or receive emails.
- Step 3:Check if the issue is resolved. If not, try the remaining methods given below to fix the POP or IMAP client sending and receiving issues.
- Step 4:Contact our technical experts if you need remote assistance in checking or changing the POP or IMAP settings on your account.
Method 3: Disable the third-party security software
- Step 1:Check whether the antivirus software installed on your computer is blocking your email client from sending and receiving emails.
- Step 2:If yes, disable it temporarily.
- Step 3:Similarly, make sure that your wireless network’s firewall is not blocking the mail transfer process.
Method 4: Create and use an app password
If you have enabled 2-step verification for your email account, then you need to use an app password to access your account in the third-party email client. In the below section, we have explained how to create an app password for Yahoo! Mail.
- Step 1:Sign in to your Yahoo! Mail account’s security page.
- Step 2:Locate and click the Manage app password or Generate app password option.
- Step 3:Choose your third-party email client app from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4:Click the Generate button.
- Step 5:Create the app password by following the on-screen instructions.
- Step 6:Click the Done button once the password is created.
Check whether the sending and receiving issues are resolved. If not, scroll down this page to know how to fix POP or IMAP client sending and receiving issues.
Method 5: Troubleshoot the third-party email app
- Step 1:If you encounter this issue while using the third-party email application, then the problem is with the application.
- Step 2:Contact your application’s manufacturer to resolve it.
To get remote assistance in fixing POP or IMAP client sending and receiving issues, contact us.