How To Add New Email To Iphone?
It is always easier to access your email account on your smartphone on once you add new email to iPhone. With the access, you can be updated frequently with your emails through the Mail app on your iPhone. To access your emails on your iPhone, you must add your email account to it. You can add your email account to iPhone either automatically or manually. The easy guidelines to add your new email to iPhone are given below.
Method 1: Add an email account to the iPhone automatically
Follow the steps given below and add your new email account to your iPhone automatically.
- Step 1:Tap the Settings icon on the home screen of your iPhone.
- Step 2:On the Settings screen, swipe and move down the screen.
- Step 3:Then tap the Passwords & Accounts option.
- Step 4:On the Passwords & Accounts screen, tap on the Add Account option.
- Step 5:The next screen on your iPhone will list all the email provider’s logos.
- Step 6:From the list of email providers, tap on your email account. It may be Google for Gmail, Yahoo for Yahoo Mail, etc. Select the email provider correctly and tap on it.
- Step 7:On the next screen, enter your email address or the phone number linked to your email address and tap the Next button.
- Step 8:Now, enter your email account’s password on the next screen. The password is case-sensitive. So, verify whether you enter the password correctly. You can tap on the icon at the right end of the password field to see the password that you are typing.
- Step 9:After entering the password, tap the Next button. The Mail app will verify the email credentials that you have entered.
- Step 10:After verifying, the next screen will ask you for the information to be synchronized with your email account.
- Step 11:Select them by tapping the toggle button.
- Step 12:Then, tap the Save button.
- Step 13:Now, you can access your new email account using the Mail app on your iPhone to add new email to iPhone.
Method 2: Add an email account to iPhone and setup manually
To manually set up your email account on your iPhone, you must know certain details like the protocol to be used, the incoming mail server, and the outgoing mail server. If you are not aware of these details, then you can get them from your email provider.
Now, carry out the below steps to add a new email account to your iPhone and set it up manually.
- Step 1:Tap the Settings icon present on the home screen of your iPhone.
- Step 2:Then, locate the Passwords & Accounts option on the Settings screen and tap on it.
- Step 3:Now, when the screen displays the list of email providers, tap the Other option at the bottom of the list.
- Step 4:Then, in the New Account window, enter your name, email address, password, and description in the fields, and then tap the Next button.
- Step 5:Usually, the Mail will automatically configure the settings for your email account. If not, then you have to enter them manually.
- Step 6:At the top of the screen, select IMAP or POP based on your preference.
- Step 7:Then, enter the incoming mail server name for your email account.
- Step 8:Similarly, enter the outgoing mail server name as well.
- Step 9:Now, tap the Next button and Save button consequently to finish the setup after add new email to iPhone.