How To Archive Emails?
Archiving an email message is done to preserve it from future use. You can archive all inbound and outbound messages. Archiving can be done in Yahoo, Gmail, and Outlook applications. The below section explains how to archive emails in the Outlook and Yahoo applications
For Outlook Users:
- Step 1:Launch the Outlook application on your Windows computer.
- Step 2:Click the File menu and select the Cleanup Tools option.
- Step 3:Locate and click the Archive option.
- Step 4:Now, the Archive dialog box will open on your Windows computer.
- Step 5:Click the radio button beside the Archive this folder and all subfolders: option.
- Step 6:Now, the list of folders on your Outlook account will appear on the screen.
- Step 7:Select the folder you wish to archive.
- Step 8:If you wish, you can select a folder by its date by entering the date in the Archive items older than text field.
- Step 9:Make sure to enable the Include items with “Do not AutoArchive” option by clicking the checkbox beside it.
- Step 10:Finally, click the OK button.
- Step 11:Now, the selected folder will be archived successfully
For Yahoo Mail Users:
Steps to be perform how to archive emails in the hand-held device:
- Step 1:Launch the Yahoo Mail application on your hand-held device.
- Step 2:Tap the email message(s) you wish to archive.
- Step 3:As soon as you select the email message(s), the list of suggestions will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 4:From the suggested list, locate and tap the Archive icon.
- Step 5:Now, the selected email message(s) will be moved to the archive folder.
Steps to perform the laptop or desktop computer:
- Step 1:Sign in to your Yahoo account from your computer’s web browser.
- Step 2:Click the Inbox or other folder based on your desire.
- Step 3:You can find checkboxes beside each email message.
- Step 4:Choose the email messages you wish to archive by clicking the checkbox.
- Step 5:Click the Archive option located at the top of the menu list.
- Step 6:All email messages you have selected will be moved to the Archive folder.
How to Archive Emails on iPhone?
- Step 1:You can archive email messages easily on your iPhone device using the swipe motion feature.
- Step 2:On your iPhone device, open the Settings.
- Step 3:Tap the Mail option followed by Swipe Options.
- Step 4:Tap the Swipe Right option.
- Step 5:Select the Archive option.
- Step 6:Now, launch the Mail application on your iPhone device.
- Step 7:Locate the email message you wish to archive.
- Step 8:Then, swipe it right.
- Step 9:That particular email will be moved to the archive folder.
Steps: Archive Emails in Gmail by Date
You can archive the email messages in the Gmail application by date using the Gmail’s Inbuilt Feature and Google Takeout method.
Using Gmail’s Inbuilt Feature:
This method is the easiest way to archive an email message in the Gmail application.
- Step 1:From your desktop or laptop computer, navigate to the Gmail account sign in the wizard.
- Step 2:Enter your Gmail account credentials in the given field.
- Step 3:Click the Sign-in button.
- Step 4:Once you reach your Gmail account’s main interface page, click in the search field.
- Step 5:Type the command in the below-mentioned format.
- Step 6:in:” inbox” “before”:” date”
- Step 7:For example: in:inbox before: 2020/04/10
- Step 8:You can replace both inbox and before as per your desire.
- Step 9:Now, based on your command, the list of email messages will appear on the screen.
- Step 10:Choose the email messages you wish to archive.
- Step 11:Click the Archive icon or button.
Using the Google Takeout Option:
- Step 1:Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Step 2:Navigate to the Personal info & privacy section.
- Step 3:Select the Control of your content option.
- Step 4:Go to the Download or transfer your content section.
- Step 5:Click the Download button, followed by the Create Archive option.
- Step 6:De-select all the options by clicking the SELECT NOW button.
- Step 7:Now, slide the toggle icon next to the Gmail application.
- Step 8:Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the archive emails process.
- Step 9:To get remote assistance for how to archive emails, click the Call or Call Us button available on this screen.
Why do Emails get Archived?
When you archive an email that you have received, then it will be moved to the folder named Archive. Now, the archived email message will not be displayed in its respective folder, i.e., Inbox, spam, important. You can view the archived email message in the All Mail folder. In short, if you want to view the email message in the future, then you can archive it.
Fixed: Outlook 2010 won't Archive Emails
If you are unable to archive email messages in the Outlook 2010 application, try the troubleshooting instructions given below.
- Step 1:Changing the AutoArchive Settings in your Outlook 2010 application might resolve this issue.
- Step 2:Click the File menu and select the Options option.
- Step 3:Locate and click the Advanced button.
- Step 4:Choose the AutoArchive Settings option.
- Step 5:Now, the AutoArchive dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Step 6:Set the archive settings as per your desire.
- Step 7:Click the OK button.
- Step 8:Now, try to archive the email messages on your Outlook 2010 application.
- Step 9:If the unable to archive email in Outlook 2010 issue persists, then click the Call button available on this screen.
Fixed: Outlook 2013 won't Archive Emails
The guidelines given below will assist you in solving the unable to archive emails in the Outlook 2013 application. Also, get how to archive emails on Outlook 2013 instructions.
- Step 1:First, change the AutoArchive settings and then try to archive the email message.
- Step 2:If it doesn’t work, select the folder that causes the issue and overrule the AutoArchive settings.
- Step 3:To do it, launch the Outlook 2013 application on your Windows computer.
- Step 4:Locate and right-click on the folder causing the issue.
- Step 5:Select the Properties option.
- Step 6:Click the AutoArchive folder.
- Step 7:Set the auto-archive preferences as per your needs.
- Step 8:Then, check if the Outlook 2013 won’t archive the emails issue is solved by archiving an email.