The Mozilla Foundation created Thunderbird, a free, open source, cross-platform e-mail and news client. The instructions in this article will show you how to change imap to pop3 in Thunderbird, the email client, with your email account(s) using the preferred IMAP protocol.
- Step 1: Thunderbird is a similar open-source, cross-platform email client like Gmail and yahoo.
- Step 2: Mozilla’s Thunderbird comes with IMAP and POP3 configuration. It uses IMAP as the default configuration.
- Step 3: POP3 is always manually configured.
- Step 4: The following instructions will show you how to move from IMAP to POP3 in Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Step 5: On your Windows or Mac, launch Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Step 6: Once Thunderbird is launched, click Tools and then select Account settings.
- Step 7: Select Account Actions and then click Add Email account.
- Step 8: Please enter your username and login password in the required fields and click continue.
- Step 9: Thunderbird will now start to automatically configure the account settings in IMAP, stop the configuration.
- Step 10: Click on Manual Configuration.
- Step 11: You can now modify your account details in the following manner.
- Step 12: Enter the account details:
|Your Email address :
To know and implement the thunderbird setup of Change IMAP To POP3 In Thunderbird continue to read the article.
|Incoming server address :
||mail.yourmailprovidername.com (example : mail.yahoo.com).
|Outgoing server address :
||mail.yourmailprovidername.com or smtp.yourmailprovidername.com (Setting SMTP for POP3 is optional).
- Step 13: From the incoming mail server drop-down list, select POP3, because you can not change it later when the configuration is complete.
- Step 14: Incoming port number- 995 (Secured Shell)
- Step 15: Outgoing port number- 465 (Secured Shell)
- Step 16: Once the fields are filled, click Manual setup.
- Step 17: Clear the error message that says smtp already exists.
- Step 18: Close the account settings, and you will see a new account created under POP3 settings.
- Step 19: Crosscheck if the incoming and the outgoing mail servers are working correctly.
- Step 20: You can now remove the IMAP settings configured before.
- Step 21: Go to Account Settings from the tools option and click Remove account.
- Step 22: The IMAP settings are now reconfigured to POP3 in Mozilla Thunderbird.
To know more about how to change imap to pop3 in thunderbird follow our site mailsetuponline and if you need any remote assistance call our tech team.