How To Mail Merge In Google Docs?
You can’t normally mail merge in Google Docs because it does not support the mail merge feature. So, you have to create a spreadsheet and use any add-on from the Internet. On this page, you can see how to mail merge in Google Docs using a simple step-by-step method.
Steps To Mail Merge In Google Docs
- Step 1:First, you have to create a Google Sheet with the details you want to merge in Google Docs.
- Step 2:Launch Google Docs and then click CREATE > Spreadsheet.
- Step 3:Enter the details, such as name, address, phone number, email address etc., in the new spreadsheet.
- Step 4:Now, save the file; if prompted, type the name in the text field and then click OK.
Steps To Install The Add-On
- step 1:Open the default web browser and then install the Autocrat add-on.
- step 2:First, click the Insert tab and then click Script to know how to mail merge in Google Docs.
- step 3:On the Script Gallery, you are going to insert a new add-on. Type autocrat in the search field and then click Search.
- step 4:Locate the latest Autocrat from the search list and then click Install.
- step 5:Once the installation is complete, a pop-up screen will appear. Here, click Authorise.
- step 6:Now, click Accept in the next pop-up window.
- step 7:On the Docs file, click Autocrat and then click Run initial configuration.
- step 8:Next, click Choose template from the drive.
- step 9:Choose the file you have saved in Google Docs and then click Select.
- step 10:Finally, click Save settings. And then, follow the on-screen instructions to know how to mail merge in Google Docs.
- step 11:On the Set Merge Type screen, select the Merged Docs in the drop-down list, and then give a name to your file.
- step 12:Now, click the Select the file type you want to create drop-down box and then click PDF.
- step 13:Select the Send merged files via an Email checkbox and then add the email address in the Recipient email addresses text field.
- step 14:Next, click the Attachment type drop-down and then select PDF.
- step 15:Now, click Save Settings; if you want to preview your mail merge content, click Preview on the first row only and then check it.
- step 16:Finally, click Run merge now.
- step 17:Now, check the recipient mail and make sure that the mail merge is done correctly.
The How to Mail Merge In Google Docs feature is now completed successfully.