How To Send Documents Securely Via Email In Outlook
Sending documents securely via email is quite simple in the Outlook app. There are three ways to send documents securely via email in Outlook.
- Step 1:Using digital IDs for sender and recipients
- Step 2:Using Office 365 Message Encryption (OME)
- Step 3:Using Email Encryption Add-ins
Continue reading the instructions below to learn how to use digital ID certificates to send documents securely via email in Outlook. This method is only suitable for the recipients using Microsoft Outlook and willing to install certificates as well.
Importing The Digital Id Certificate:
- step 1:Before starting, import/purchase the certificates.
- step 2:Open Outlook and click the File tab.
- step 3:Select the Options tab from the left-side panel.
- step 4:In the Outlook Options window, select Trust Center from the left-side panel.
- step 5:Click the Trust Center Settings button and select the Email Security tab.
- step 6:In the Digital IDs (Certificates) section, click Import/Export.
- step 7:Ensure that the Import existing Digital ID from a file option is selected in the window that appears.
- step 8:Click the Browse button and choose the certificate file.
- step 9:Enter the password associated with the certificate and click OK.
- step 10:Click Yes –> OK.
- step 11:Next, share the certificate with your recipient before you send documents securely via email in Outlook.
Sharing The Certificate With The Recipient:
- step 1:Compose a new email in Outlook.
- step 2:Click the Options tab and select the icon next to More Options.
- step 3:In the Properties window, click the Security Settings button.
- step 4:Select the checkbox Add digital signature to this message.
- step 5:Click on Change Settings to view the certificate you have imported previously.
- step 6:Click OK and add the necessary details to the email you are composing.
- step 7:Send the email to your recipient.
Sending Encrypted Email:
- step 1:Open the digitally signed email received from the recipient.
- step 2:Right-click the sender’s name and click the Add to Outlook Contacts button.
- step 3:Click Certificates in the top ribbon and select the certificate you wish to add for sending encrypted messages.
- step 4:Once you have added your recipient’s certificate to Contact Data, start a new email message and click the Options tab.
- step 5:Click the icon next to More Options.
- step 6:Open the Security Properties window and select the Encrypt message contents and attachments checkbox.
- step 7:Click OK and attach the documents to your email message.
- step 8:Click Send to send your documents securely via email in Outlook.
To know more about how to Send Documents Securely Via Email In Outlook in this page.