How To Setup Comcast Email On Iphone 7?
To Know How To Setup Comcast Email On Iphone 7? Here’s the thing. If you wish to manually add an email account, you need both incoming and outgoing mail server settings. Adding an IMAP account to your iPhone offers more benefits than a POP account. Below are the incoming and outgoing mail server settings of the Comcast email that you are going to use during the account setup.
- Step 1: Incoming mail server: mail.comcast.net
- Step 2:Incoming server port: 993
- Step 3:Security type: SSL
- Step 4:Username: Your Comcast email address
- Step 5:Password: Your Comcast email account password
- step 1:Incoming mail server: mail.comcast.net
- step 2:Incoming server port: 995
- step 3:Security type: SSL
- step 4:Username: Your Comcast email address
- step 5:Password: Your Comcast email account password
- step 1:Outgoing mail server: smtp.comcast.net
- step 2:Outgoing server port: 587
- step 3:Security type: SSL/TLS
Continue reading the steps given below to learn how to setup comcast email on iphone 7.
Starting the manual setup:
- step 1: To begin with, touch the Settings icon on the home screen of your iPhone. This will open the Settings app.
- step 2: Tap the Passwords & Accounts tab in the Settings window.
- step 3: Select Add account and tap the Other button from the list of email service providers.
- step 4: Tap Add mail account to proceed to set up your Comcast email on iPhone 7.
Configuring the email server settings:
- step 1: Input the following details in the available fields.
- step 2: Your Name
- step 3: Email address
- step 4: Password
- step 5: Description
- step 6: Touch Next and select either POP3 or IMAP as your account type.
- step 7: Next, input incoming and outgoing email server settings.
- step 8: Under Incoming mail server, enter ‘mail.comcast.net’ in the Hostname field.
- step 9: Enter your Comcast email address and password in the Username and Password fields.
Continue reading the steps given below to learn how to setup comcast email on iphone 7 and advanced setup.
- step 10: Under Outgoing mail server, enter ‘smtp.comcast.net’ in the Hostname field.
- step 11: In the Username and Password fields, input your Comcast email address and password.
- step 12: Tap the Save button at the top-right corner of your screen.
- step 13: If necessary, select the apps that you wish to sync with your email account.
- step 1: In the Settings app, tap the Passwords & Accounts button.
- step 2: Select your Comcast email account and scroll down to the Advanced tab.
- step 3: Toggle on the Use SSL button.
- step 4: Set Authentication to Password.
- step 5: Input the incoming server port 995 if you have added a POP account.
- step 6: Input the incoming server port 993 if you have added an IMAP account.
- step 7: Below Outgoing server, enter 587 as the outgoing server port.
- step 8: Tap Done to complete setting up the Comcast email on your iPhone 7.
- step 9: To verify the email setup, open the Mail app and send a test email from your account.
To Know more about how to setup comcast email on iphone 7 and any mail setup issues follow our site mailsetup, and for more guidance call our tech team.