HOW TO USE AOL MAIL THROUGH AN EMAIL CLIENT?
You can use the AOL mail in any email client, but before that, you have to enter the correct AOL login credentials and configure the IMAP settings for the email account. On this page, you can learn How To Use AOL Mail Through An Email Client.
Steps To Generate App Password:
- Step 1:On a Windows computer, launch the default web browser and then go to the official AOL sign-in page.
- Step 2:Enter the sign-in credentials and sign in to your AOL email account.
- Step 3:Click Account Settings and then click Generate app password.
- Step 4:On the next page, click the Select your app drop-down box and select Outlook Desktop.
- Step 5:Click Generate and then copy the generated password.
- Step 6:Finally, the app password is generated and you can log into your AOL mail in an email client using this password.
Configuring AOL Mail In Outlook:
- step 1:In the Windows computer, launch the Outlook app to know How To Use AOL Mail Through An Email Client.
- step 2:Click File and then click Add Account.
- step 3:Next, on the next screen, enter your AOL email address and then click Advanced options.
- step 4:Click the check box for Let me set up my account manually and then click Connect.
- step 5:On the account settings screen, under the User Information, type your name in the Your Name text field.
- step 6:Type your AOL email address in the E-mail Address text field.
- step 7:Under Server Information, click the Account Type drop-down box and then select IMAP.
- step 8:In the Incoming mail server text filed, type ‘imap.aol.com’
- step 9:In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP), type ‘smtp.aol.com’
- step 10:Below Logon Information, type your AOL email account name in the User Name text field to know How To Use AOL Mail Through An Email Client.
- step 11:Enter the password in the Password text field.
- step 12:Once the setting is done, click Next. Restart your computer and launch the Outlook app.
- step 13:Wait for few minutes until the configured AOL mail automatically appears in the Outlook email client.
- step 14:Now, click More Settings and then click the Advanced tab.
- step 15:Click the Incoming server (IMAP) text field and then type ‘993.’
- step 16:In the Outgoing server (SMTP), type ‘465’ and then click OK.
- step 17:Once the setting is complete, click Next.
- step 18:Hopefully, the AOL email is configured in the Outlook email client successfully and How To Use AOL Mail Through An Email Client can be performed easily.