How To Setup Icloud Email On Android?
If you are using an iPhone and going to switch to Android, learn how to get your iCloud email on Android phone using the simple solutions given on this page. Android uses Gmail as the default email, but you can also bring in your iCloud account on your Android device using either the Gmail or Email app. Samsung mobile users have the Email app on the applications screen, and so, they can add the iCloud email account without using the Gmail app. Other mobile brand users should use the Gmail app to set up iCloud email on their Android phones.
You should configure your iCloud account for two-factor authentication.
- Step 1: Launch the default browser on your computer.
- Step 2: Go to the official Apple site and sign in to your Apple ID to setup iCloud email on Android.
- Step 3: Under the Security section, click the Generate Password button.
- Step 4: Enter a name for the password and click the Create button.
- Step 5: Note down the app-specific password and sign out from the iCloud email account.
Steps To Set Up Icloud Email In The Gmail App:
- Step 1:On your Android phone, open the Gmail app.
- Step 2:Tap the Menu icon and select the Add account option.
- Step 3:Tap the Personal (IMAP) button.
- Step 4:Input your iCloud email address in the required field and tap Next.
- Step 5:Enter the app-specific password and tap Next.
- Step 6:Wait until the authentication is completed.
You can now access your iCloud email on Android phone from the Gmail app.
Steps To Set Up Icloud Email In The Email App:
- Step 1: On your Android phone, touch the Email app on the applications screen.
- Step 2: Tap the Settings icon and select the Add account option.
- Step 3: Enter your iCloud email address and password in the required fields and then tap Next to set up your account automatically.
- Step 4: Otherwise, tap the Manual setup button and choose the IMAP account option.
- Step 5: Input your iCloud email details and server settings in the required fields and tap Next.
- Step 6: On the Account options screen, select the Sync Email and Notify me when email arrives checkboxes.
- Step 7: Tap Next and complete the account setup.
You can now access your iCloud email from the Email app. If you are stuck while setting up your iCloud email on Android phone, contact us for assistance in resolving it.