How To Solve Icloud Mail Issues?
By creating an iCloud mail account, you can access the iCloud Mail app on your iPhone or Mac computer. You can send, receive and organize all your emails. Sometimes, it throws an error related to any technical faults or hardware issues that interrupt your work.
Don’t worry. In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix iCloud mail issues.
Solution 1: Try checking the system status of your iCloud mail
- Step 1: Start opening Apple’s System Status page.
- Step 2: Search for iCloud mail in the available list and locate it.
- Step 3: Check whether the circle next to it is green in color.
Solution 2: Turn on your iCloud mail
- step 1: On your Mac computer, navigate to Mail.
- step 2: Select Preferences and then click Accounts.
- step 3: Now, select your iCloud mail account.
- step 4: Under Account Information, check whether your account is turned on.
If you are an iPhone user, navigate to Settings.
- step 5: Select your iCloud mail account and check whether the mail is turned on.
- step 6: If the problem still exists, you can proceed to the next solution for icloud mail issues.
Solution 3: Perform the basic troubleshooting
- step 1: Ensure that you update your software to the latest version on your Mac computer or your iPhone.
- step 2: Ensure that you do not exceed your iCloud storage limit.
- step 3: If you cannot access your iCloud mail, then try these solutions.
- step 4: Ensure that your browser is updated.
- step 5: If you are using Safari, then try to update it to the latest version.
Deleting the caches:
- step 1: On your Mac computer, navigate to Safari.
- step 2: Choose Preferences and then select the Advanced tab.
- step 3: Now, select the Show Develop menu in the menu bar option and then close Preferences.
- step 4: Now, click the Develop menu at the top of the screen and then select Empty Caches.
- step 5: The caches will be deleted automatically to fix icloud mail issues.
Sometimes, you’ll also face an error stating that you cannot send mails from the Mail app on your Mac computer. If you encounter this problem, try the below-given steps:
- step 6: Ensure that you select your iCloud mail account as your Outgoing Mail Account.
- step 7: Ensure that you do not exceed your file size. Try to decompress your file before sending it to a recipient.
You can also report an issue to avoid any future problems.
Here’s how to report an issue.
- step 8:On your computer, open a web browser.
- step 9:Visit the official Apple website.
- step 10:Open your iCloud Feedback form and then fill in the required details.
- step 11:Later, choose Feedback and then click Mail.
- step 12:At the bottom of the page, select the blue Submit Feedback button.
Hopefully, you’ve learned how to fix the iCloud mail issues