Why iCloud Mail won’t load on iPhone?
To resolve the iCloud Mail won’t load on iPhone, carry out the simple troubleshooting steps mentioned on this web page.
- Step 1:Check if you have connected your iPhone to the internet.
- Step 2:On the home screen of the iPhone, find the Settings application and tap its icon.
- Step 3:Select the Wi-Fi option and make sure the toggle switch beside the Wi-Fi option is turned on.
- Step 4:If not, turn it on and choose your wireless network name (SSID). If prompted for a password, enter it.
Access from a Web Browser:
- Step 1:If you face difficulties in accessing the iCloud mail, open the Safari web browser and provide your iCloud mail account’s email address password.
- Step 2:If you are able to access the iCloud mail account from the Safari web browser, proceed with the following steps to resolve the problem.
Turning On the Mail Toggle:
- Step 1:Open the Settings application on your iPhone and tap the iCloud option.
- Step 2:Turn off the toggle next to Mail and turn it on again.
Fetch New Data:
- Step 1:On the Settings screen, tap the Mail option and select the Accounts option.
- Step 2:When the next screen opens, select the Fetch New Data option and turn on the Push option.
- Step 1:Navigate to the Settings screen, select the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option, and tap the Fetch New Data option.
- Step 2:Turn off the Push option and then enable it.
Turn off the iPhone:
- Step 1:Turn off the iPhone and turn it on again.
- Step 2:Check if the iCloud Mail won’t load on iPhone problem has been resolved. If not, add the iCloud mail account again.
Re-Adding the iCloud Mail:
- Step 1:Launch the Settings application on your iPhone and select the iCloud option.
- Step 2:Provide the correct iCloud mail account’s email address and password in the appropriate fields and then tap the Sign In option.
- Step 3:To get assistance from our technical experts for resolving the iCloud Mail won’t load on iPhone, click the Call button available on this web page.