HOW TO SETUP K9 EMAIL APP FOR ANDROID?
The K-9 Mail app is an open-source email client that works with every email service provider for ideal Android users. Its support for multiple accounts and unified inbox make it unique. If you want to know How To Setup K9 Email App For Android, read this article completely.
DOWNLOAD THE K-9 MAIL APP
- Step 1:On your Android phone, go to Google Play Store.
- Step 2:Search for K-9 Mail. When it shows the search results, select the right option and tap Install.
- Step 3:When it asks you for device access, tap Accept.
CONFIGURE YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT IN K-9
- step 1:Open the K-9 Mail app and tap Next on the Welcome screen.
- step 2:On the Set up a new account screen, enter your email address and password in the respective fields and click Next.
- step 3:On the Account Type screen, tap IMAP or POP3. Since IMAP keeps your emails on the server, you can access your emails from various devices. But, POP downloads the emails from the server and keeps your emails on the devices on which you have downloaded them. Therefore, select the account type according to your preference.
- step 4:When the Incoming server settings screen appears, enter the required details.
- step 5:You can check with your email service provider to know the exact server settings.
- step 6:If you are using IMAP, enter the port number 993. For POP, enter 995.
- step 7:Enter your exact email address in the Username field.
- step 8:Enter your email account password in the Authentication and Password fields.
- step 9:When the Outgoing server settings screen appears, input the server name in the SMTP server field.
- step 10:Enter the port number as 465. Provide your exact email address in the Username field. Enter your password in the Authentication and Password fields.
- step 11:When the Account options screen appears, specify your synchronization and notification settings and tap Next.
- step 12:Finally, give your account a name and tap Done.
- step 13:Now, K-9 Mail will fetch your emails and start synchronizing them.
- step 14:Hereafter, you can access your emails from the K-9 Mail app.
In this manner, you should use the K9 Email App For Android. For further questions and clarifications, you can always reach our technical experts for assistance.