HOW TO FIX K9 MAIL AUTHENTICATION FAILED ISSUE?
K-9 is an ideal app to access all your email accounts in one place. You just have to get the app and configure your emails accounts. However, due to several reasons, authentication fails in the K-9 mail app. But, when you handle this problem with the appropriate solutions, you can fix K9 Mail Authentication Failed effectively. Try the troubleshooting methods listed in this article and see if your issue can be resolved.
CHECK YOUR PASSWORD AND NET CONNECTION
- Step 1:Ensure that you’ve provided the correct password in the Authentication and Password fields. If necessary, make the changes and ensure that your problem is solved.
- Step 2:Check your Internet connection. If it is not stable, you may encounter such problems.
- Step 3:Uninstall the app from your device and install it again. Now, open the app and configure your email account.
- Step 4:Refresh your K-9 inbox and see if you can access your email account now.
- Step 5:If none of these troubleshooting solutions fix the problem, proceed with the following techniques.
CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
- step 1:Open your mail account and change its password.
- step 2:Open the K-9 mail app, configure your email account with the new password, and ensure that the authentication failed message doesn’t appear.
ENABLE 2-STEP VERIFICATION
- step 1:In most instances, the authentication failed message pops up when there is a problem with the incoming or outgoing server settings.
- step 2:Therefore, see if you have configured them correctly. If not, make the necessary changes to fix the problem.
- step 3:Sometimes, enabling 2-step verification can help you fix k9 mail authentication failed issue.
GENERATE AN APP-SPECIFIC PASSWORD
To access the IMAP accounts, you need to use an app-specific password. Once you generate a new app-specific password, you can configure your email account without any trouble. In this segment, you will see how to generate an app-specific password for your K-9 mail app.
- step 1:Visit the Account settings page of Google.
- step 2:In the left pane, click Security.
- step 3:Under the Signing into Google section, click App Passwords.
- step 4:Now, select the K-9 app and click the Generate button.
- step 5:It will display the app-specific password (ASP).
- step 6:Open the K-9 mail app, enter the ASP in the Password field, and check the Remember me option.
- step 7:Now, check if the K-9 mail authentication problem is rectified.
For further questions like how to fix K9 Mail Authentication Failed issue, you can always reach our technical experts for assistance.