HOW TO FIX K9 MAIL CANNOT CONNECT TO SERVER ISSUE?
The K-9 Mail application lets you configure all your email accounts in a single destination. Due to several reasons, K-9 Mail may fail to connect to the server. However, you can rectify the problem effectively with the proper troubleshooting solutions. This article gives you some troubleshooting methods that can be implemented to fix the “k9 mail cannot connect to server” issue.
TRY THE BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING SOLUTIONS
- step 1:You need a stable Internet connection to access K-9 Mail. If there is no stability with your Internet connection, take the necessary steps to fix the problem.
- step 2:Restart your device and check if K-9 Mail can connect to the server.
- step 3:In some cases, uninstalling and reinstalling the app can help you fix the connection error.
CHECK THE OUTGOING SERVER SETTINGS
- step 1:The SMTP protocol lets you send your emails from your email account through a server. And, if you configure the SMTP settings incorrectly, K9 Mail cannot connect to server. In those instances, you need to check your Outgoing server settings.
- step 2:Check with your email provider and enter the outgoing server name accordingly.
- step 3:If your email account is encrypted with the SSL security type, enter the port number as 465. Similarly, if you select the security type as TLS, enter 587 as the port number.
CHECK THE SERVER SETTINGS
- step 1:Go to the Account settings page and tap the Sending email option followed by Outgoing settings. Here, ensure that you have entered your complete email address in both the username and email address fields.
- step 2:Check if you have enabled the “Outgoing Server Requires Authentication” option.
- step 3:Ensure that the inbound and outbound servers use the same certificate.
REMOVE AND RE-ADD YOUR ACCOUNT
- Step 1:In most instances, you can fix the server issues by removing and re-adding your account. Follow these instructions to proceed further.
- Step 2:Open the K-9 Mail application and go to the Accounts section.
- Step 3:Long press the account you want to remove and select the Remove account option.
- Step 4:On the confirmation screen, confirm your decision by clicking OK.
- Step 5:To re-add the same account, go to the Accounts page and tap the Add account option.
- Step 6:Now, enter the required credentials and check if K-9 can connect to the server.
We hope you have fixed the problem. If Still your K9 Mail Cannot Connect To Server, get back to us for expert assistance.