Fix: Outlook App Error 'Cannot Create Event'
The Outlook application from Microsoft has made the mailing process easier and quicker. This application supports email service providers like Office 365, Outlook.com, iCloud, Exchange, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and other IMAP email service providers. You can get this application from the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS) if you wish to access your Outlook email account on your smartphone. You can sync your device calendar to this application, in order to create events and reminders. But, the Outlook app users have encountered Outlook app error 'cannot create Event' issue lately.
Unable to create events on the Outlook application.
In most cases, this error occurs if the user doesn’t have proper permission to create a meeting in the calendar.
- Step 1: Use the Set-MailboxFolderPermissioncmdlet command as mentioned below to fix this issue.
- Step 2: Set-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity "Alias of recipient\Calendar" -User "alias to grant access to" -AccessRights "Author."
- Step 3: In the above command, “Alias of the recipient” refers to the account related to a shared folder.
- Step 4: Check if the event is created.
- Step 5: If not, try the next method given below.
2.Using the Outlook Application
- Step 1: Launch the shared mailbox in which you are facing the Outlook app error "cannot create Event" issue.
- Step 2: Click the Calendar option in the Navigation pane.
- Step 3: Select the shared mailbox option and right-click on it.
- Step 4: Click the Properties option.
- Step 5: Now, navigate to the Permission section.
- Step 6: Click the Permission button.
- Step 7: Now, select the user name you wish to provide access to.
- Step 8: Go to the Permission list.
- Step 9: Select the Author option.
- Step 10: Click the OK button.
- Step 11: Now, try to create an event on your Outlook application.
- Step 12: If the issue persists, try the next method.
3.Uninstall and Reinstall the Outlook Application
- Step 1:Uninstall the Outlook application from your Android or iOS device.
- Step 2:After that, go to the Google Play Store or App Store application.
- Step 3:Search and install the Outlook application on your device.
- Step 4:After reinstalling the Outlook application, check if the Outlook app error 'cannot create Event' issue has been resolved.
If not, contact us.