How To Report Gmail Phishing email
A phishing email is an attack that can steal a user’s identity and personal information through deceptive emails, messages, and advertisements. Gmail report phishing can ask you for your personal/ financial information, to click some links or download unwanted software, and so on. If you are receiving such phishing emails on your Gmail account and want to report it, follow the instructions given below:
Steps To Report Gmail Phishing Email
- Step 1: On your computer, access your Gmail account.
- Step 2:Open the phishing message you received.
- Step 3:Click the More option; you can locate it next to Reply.
- Step 4:From the list of options, choose Report phishing.
- Step 5:In case you have incorrectly marked an email as phishing, you can undo the preference. To do that, open the email that you have incorrectly marked as phishing. Click the More option and choose Report not phishing.
Steps To Avoid Phishing Messages
With a few precautions, you can effectively avoid these phishing emails. Here are the measures that you can take:
- Step 1:With its advanced security feature, Google would warn you about the unsafe and deceptive content of the messages. If you get such warnings, restrain yourself from clicking those links, downloading the attachments, or entering personal information.
- Step 2:Even if you don’t receive any warning from Google, entering personal information, downloading the attachments, or clicking the links is not advisable.
- Step 3:Never respond to any email that requests personal information over email.
- Step 4:Once you have signed in to your Gmail account, Google never asks for your password again. So, if you are asked for the password after clicking the links, do not provide it under any circumstance.
- Step 5:Scammers usually try to deliver inappropriate software through email links. So have a second thought before clicking any links.
In this manner, you can report Gmail phishing emails. If you have any other queries, get back to us for remote assistance.