Roadrunner Email Settings For Windows Live Mail
You can set up and access your Roadrunner email account in any email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, and Windows Live Mail. You need to know the server settings for manually configuring your email account on a client.
The instructions to add the Roadrunner email settings for Windows Live Mail
client are given on this web page.
- Step 1: Launch the Windows Live Mail client.
- Step 2: Click the Accounts tab at the top of the screen. Select the Email option.
- Step 3: ‣ Provide the Roadrunner email address and password in the Email address and Password fields, respectively.
- ‣ Select the checkbox beside the ‘Remember this password’ option if you want to save the email account password in the Windows Live Mail client.
- ‣ Type your name in the ‘Display name for your sent messages’ field.
- ‣ Checkmark the box next to the ‘Manually configure server settings’ option.
- Step 4: Select your account type from the Server Type drop-down menu.
- Type the Roadrunner email address in the Logon user name field.
- Provide the following server details in the appropriate fields.
Incoming Mail Server
- ‣ Server address - imap.roadrunner.com (IMAP) or pop.roadrunner.com (POP)
- ‣ Port - 995 (POP) or 993 (IMAP)
- ‣ Select the checkbox beside the ‘Require a secure connection (SSL)’ option.
- Note: If you do not want to use secure settings, deselect this option and enter 143 (IMAP) or 110 (POP) in the Port field.
Outgoing Mail Server
- ‣ Server address - smtp.roadrunner.coma
- ‣ Port - 587
- ‣ Checkmark the box next to the following options.
- ‣ Require a secure connection (SSL)
- ‣ Requires authentication
- ‣ Click the Next button at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 5:
- ‣ Select the Finish option to complete the Roadrunner email settings for Windows Live Mail configuration. Send a test email message to your roadrunner email address and check if you receive the same.