How To Fix Thunderbird Email Links Not Working Problem?
Are your Thunderbird Email links not working? You are in the right place. You will find some fixes in this guide.
Fix incorrect Thunderbird settings:
- Step 1:Open the Thunderbird email program.
- Step 2:Click Tools and select Options and go to the settings.
- Step 3:Locate Advanced and select the General tab.
- Step 4:Click the Config Editor button.
- Step 5:Type network.protocol-handler.external in the search bar.
- Step 6:Right-click on it and then click Reset.
Clearing Conflict with any Add-on or Extension:
If the Thunderbird settings are correct, and the problem continues, read on to know what to do. You might want to look for any add-on that may conflict with the behavior of Thunderbird that handles the links.
- step 1:Launch the Thunderbird application.
- step 2:Click the Help menu and choose the Restart with Add-ons Disabled option.
- step 3:Click Restart.
Start Mozilla Thunderbird in safe mode:
Try launching it in safe mode if your Thunderbird email links not working.
- step 1:Open the Start menu from the computer.
- step 2:Click All Programs.
- step 3:Now, select Mozilla Thunderbird (Safe Mode).
Update Mozilla Thunderbird:
- step 1:Launch Mozilla Thunderbird.
- step 2:At the top of your Thunderbird window, click Help.
- step 3:Select About Thunderbird.
- step 4:In the window that appears, begin checking for updates.
- step 5:Click the Restart Thunderbird to update button.
Check your Outgoing mail settings in Mozilla Thunderbird:
- step 1:Open the Thunderbird application.
- step 2:Select Tools and then click Account Settings.
- step 3:Click on Outgoing Server (SMTP) in the Account Settings window.
- step 4:If you have not set an outgoing server for your account, click Edit.
- step 5:In the SMTP Server window, check all the information. Click OK.
- step 6:Go back to the Account Settings window and select the Email account.
- step 7:Click Outgoing Server from the drop-down field.
- step 8:Select Outgoing mail server and click OK to save the changes.
You are done with some of the troubleshooting methods. Check whether the Thunderbird email links are working. If the Thunderbird email links not working, contact our technical support.