What Are The Aol Mail Pop3 Settings
In this article, you will be reading What Are The AOL Mail Pop3 Settings for Outlook 2013.
AOL is a web-based email client that became quite popular in the 90s. There has been a sudden decline in its use since people started using other email clients like Gmail, Yahoo, etc. However, it does not mean AOL is a bad email client; it still has its loyal users.
If you are an AOL user looking to have more features, you can easily configure the AOL account in Outlook with the POP3 email settings. It helps you have more usefulness and email communication.
Here is some information you need to know.
Incoming mail server (POP3)
- step 1: Server name: pop.aol.com
- step 2: Port number: 995
- step 3: Encryption: SSL
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
- step 1: Server name: smtp.aol.com
- step 2: Port number: 465
- step 3: Authentication required: SSL
To Know What Are The AOL Mail Pop3 Settings, for Outlook 2013 using simple steps Scroll through the following steps.
- step 1: Open the Outlook 2013 application.
- step 2: Click the File menu.
- step 3: Select the Add account option.
- step 4: Select Manual Setup and follow the prompts on the screen.
- step 5: Click the radio button for the POP or IMAP option.
- step 6: Under Choose Service, click the Next button.
- step 7: Enter the required details for User Information, Server Information, and Logon Information (Information provided above).
- step 8: Click the More Settings… button.
- step 9: Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- step 10: Make sure to select the checkbox for the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication option.
- step 11: Click the OK button.
- step 12: Select Advanced and enter the port number information (This is based on the encryption method).
- step 13: Click OK.
- step 14: Outlook 2013 will now check the AOL Mail SMTP account configuration.
- step 15: Once the AOL account verification is complete, click the Finish button.
Click the CALL button if you wish to have further queries regarding this article answered.
Follow the steps as described to know What Are The AOL Mail Pop3 Settings.