What does CC mean in Email?
Do you remember the carbon copy paper that we use to copy the same information to another paper easily? CC mean in email works in a similar way. When you receive an email that is addressed under Cc, you can find a list of people under Cc receiving the same email. The main recipient is the one mentioned in the To field, and a copy of the mail will be sent to the other recipients mentioned in the Cc field.
Continue reading to know more about the usage of ‘Carbon Copy’ in email.
Steps: Add CC in Gmail Emails:
- Step 1:After you log in to your Gmail account, click Compose to create a new email message.
- Step 2:Enter the primary recipient address in the ‘To’ field.
- Step 3:Click ‘Cc’ at the top right corner and include the other recipient addresses to whom you want to send a copy in the ‘Cc’ field.
- Step 4:Compose the email body and click Send to send the email to the primary and other recipients.
- Step 5:The Cc recipients can see the other Cc recipients in the email, so check thoroughly before sharing the information.
Purpose of CC in emails:
- Step 1:It is a useful feature that saves your time of sending the same email to multiple recipients.
- Step 2:Sometimes, you send to use ‘Cc’ extensively that you forget how many recipients are added under ‘Cc.’
- Step 3:Send a copy of the email only to the people who are closely involved in your work.
Avoid these things when CC ing the emails:
- Step 1:When you send emails CC’ing many recipients as a routine, you are flooding their Inboxes with a lot of emails that they might not even read. So only tag necessary people in the Cc field.
- Step 2:If you want the receiver to respond to your email, then do not tag them under Cc. Instead, enter their email address in the ‘To’ field.
Here, we explained the CC mean in email, the purpose of the CC & how to add CC in Gmail. If you want more info, to reach us.