What If Someone Is Using My Email On Instagram?
What if someone is using my email on Instagram, your account details and privacy will be vulnerable to threats.
Steps to do if someone uses your email id to create an Instagram account:
On your mobile phone, open the email on your inbox stating that you have created an Instagram account.
- Step 1:When the email message opens, locate the Let us Know option. Probably, it will be available at the bottom of the Welcome to Instagram email.
- Step 2:Tap on the Let us Know option and wait until Instagram gets to know it was not you.
- Step 3:Once Instagram recognizes your email, the email ID for the account created will be deleted.
- Step 4:Now, you can use your email address to sign up for your Instagram account.
- Step 5:You can also add this email address to your existing email account.
- Step 6:If you cannot log in to your Instagram account, click the Can’t log in to your account option and select the given options to recover your account.
Steps to check if someone has used your account:
Open your Instagram account and tap the Profile icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Step 1:Go to Settings and tap the Privacy & Securitybutton.
- Step 2:Select the Account Data button and look for password and privacy changes.
- Step 3:Next, check your login history for unauthorized access.
- Step 4:If you find that someone has been using your Instagram account, change your password to log him/her out from your account.
- Step 5:To do so, tap on Profile and select Settings.
- Step 6:Choose the Change Password option and enter your old password to confirm that it is you.
- Step 7:Please enter a new password and confirm it. Tap the Change Password button.
If necessary, use two-factor authentication to ensure that only you can log in to your account what if someone is using my email on Instagram.