How To Configure Yahoo Mail SSL Settings?
Yahoo mail uses SSL encryption as a layer of security to protect the account. If you have enabled SSL encryption, all your email data will transfer from your browser to Yahoo’s server in a completely secure method. Any email you send via Yahoo mail will not be secure over a public Wi-Fi network without an SSL connection. Follow the below instructions to enable the yahoo mail SSL settings on your Yahoo mail.
SSL Encryption On Web-based Yahoo Mail:
- Step 1:Open the browser and log in to your Yahoo mail account on your computer.
- Step 2:Now, click on the Settings icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 3:Next, select the Mail Options menu from the drop-down list.
- Step 4:Choose the General option in the left pane of the window.
- Step 5:Now, scroll down the page and make a tick mark on the Turn on SSL checkbox.
- Step 6:Next, the Refresh Required pop-up message will appear on the screen.
- Step 7:Now, click on the OK button.
- Step 8:At last, click Save.
You can enable the SSL settings on your web-based Yahoo mail service by following the above method.
Incoming And Outgoing Server Details:
Before setting the Yahoo mail server, you must know the incoming and outgoing server details, port number, encryption, SSL protocol for IMAP and SMTP servers. Follow the below details to set up the Yahoo server settings.
Incoming server details for IMAP:
- step 1:IMAP Mail Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- step 2:IMAP Port: 993
- step 3:IMAP Security: SSL
- step 4:IMAP Username: Your full email address
- step 5:IMAP Password: Your email password
Outgoing server details:
Configure Yahoo Mail On Outlook With SSL Settings:
- step 1:Open the Outlook application on your computer.
- step 2:Now, select the File option at the top-left corner of the window.
- step 3:Next, click on the Add Account option below the Account Information section.
- step 4:Now, select the Manual setup or additional server types option and click on the Next button.
- step 5:Choose the POP or IMAP option from the list and click on the Next button.
- step 6:Below the User Information section, enter your name and email address in the respective fields.
- step 7:Now, enter the server information by referring to the incoming and outgoing server details on this page.
- step 8:Next, type your user name and password below the Logon Information section and click on the More Settings button.
- step 9:Now, select the Outgoing Server tab and enable the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires an authentication option.
- step 10:Next, choose the Use same settings as my incoming mail server option.
- step 11:Now, click on the Advanced tab and enter the server port details by referring to the incoming and outgoing server details on this page.
- step 12:Make sure to select the SSL option from the drop-down list in the encrypted connection field.
- step 13:Follow the on-screen instructions and click the Finish button.
You can configure Yahoo mail on the Outlook application with yahoo mail SSL settings by following the above instructions.